Patent Agent Resume
A Patent Agent is a person who is not a lawyer but a registered agent of the Patent and Trademark Office. Patent agents perform different patent related legal functions and work in legal firms, universities and corporations who strictly follow a totally different set of legal rules and regulations pertaining to the copyrights or the trademark (or patent).
Sample Patent Agent Resume
Address: 103 New York Street,
New York 22222
Phone No: 104-103-1070
Email ID: email@example.com
CAREER OBJECTIVE :
To make a good career as a patent agent by utilizing the experience and the professional skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES :
State Court of New York USA
Patent Agent, June 2006-Till Date
Harvard University, USA
Patent Agent, January 2002-May 2006
- To provide legal patent services like examination and other legal support services of the firm.
- To work with legal counsel and write and examine the legal applications by taking the help of legal counsel.
- To help the lawyers prepare legal opinions that are related with the legitimacy of the patents and their violations.
- To guide the lawyers over the firm's various litigation suits whose outcome is directly related with the patent rights of the firm.
- To obtain patents for the new scientific inventions and breakthroughs.
- To educate the Teachers, Staff and employee on the patent process.
- To hold invention-disclosure meetings
- To go through different patent applications and keep in touch with the outside patent counsel.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Achieved graduate degree in law from Harvard University majoring in subjects of patent laws and laws of copyrights and trademark in year 2001.
- Achieved Doctorate in Biotechnology from Oxford University in year 1998.
- Achieved Post graduate degree in Science in Biotechnology from Cambridge University in year 1993.
- Achieved graduate degree in Science with major subjects like bio-chemistry and microbiology in year 1991.
KEY SKILLS :
- Good technical and legal knowledge.
- Good Knowledge of writing claims in a specific given format.
- Good persuasive skills.
- Good skills necessary for interacting with the different institituitions who apply for patent copyrights for their goods and services.
- Good Knowledge of English language.
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE :
- Capability of using personal computer with windows environment like windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Me.
- Good ability to use word processing, word perfect, Microsoft excel and Microsoft excess spread sheets and different types of e-mail applications like Microsoft outlook.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint which is a nice tool for making good presentation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION :
Name: Maria Patel
Marital Status: unmarried.
Date of Birth: 20/02/1978.
Hobbies: Watching Discovery channel and National Geographic Channel.
Areas of Interest: Reading Scientific American, Nature and Popular Science Magazines.
Place of Work: New York, USA.
- Name: Mary Pirelli
Post: Senior Lawyer
Organization: Federal Court of Washington, USA
Phone No: 544-765-9817.
- Name: Martina Hike
Post: Senior Lawyer
Organization: State Court of New York, USA.
Phone No: 601-701-9021.
Patent Agent resume given here
will help the job seeker in writing a perfect resume for the required post of a patent agent.